FDA Warning Letters about Products (1989)
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulates the labeling and sale of foods, drugs, cosmetics, biologicals, and medical devices in interstate commerce. A warning letter is a serious notice to that a marketer appears to be violating federal law and may be subject to enforcement action if the apparent violation continues. Enforcement actions include seizure of goods, injunctions, criminal prosecutions, fines, and imprisonment.
Most sellers do what the FDA requests. In some cases, the product must be removed from the marketplace. In others, marketing can continue as long as the claims to which the FDA objected are stopped. Regardless of the outcome, it is wise for consumers to assume that the product is problematic and should be avoided.
- Bahama Tanning Products / Mark G. Dalen (5/22/89): Tropical Tan All Natural Tablets, Tropic Tan All Natural Supplement
- Bio Water Products / Harold Wilfley, Ellen Wilfley (8/29/89): Bio Ge Oxy, Bio Co-Q10
- Biophase Systems International / Richard Breitbarth (10/11/89): Biocon 100 Contrapathic Douche, Genesis Contrapathic Douche,
Paracan-144 Dietary Supplement
- Ithaca Soyfoods, Co. / David R. Scovronick / 2/16/89): Tofu-Kan soybean curd , Tofy Tortellini
- Minerals Cosmetics, Inc. / Robert S. Glancz (11/30/89): Collagen E. Cream, Collagen-2000, Co-Elastin
- NaturPharma, Inc / Stephen J. Welling (10/26/89): Ultra Trim CapsulesP
- Nutrition Research / Lee Dryer (10/26/89): Green Essence, Ultra Food Tabs, Energy Cycle tablets
- Nutritional & Biological Research Company / Bala B. Patel (6/14/89): Orotate products: Vitali-T, Pro Gest (aka Bio Gest), Vascu Plex (aka Bio Vas), Nutri Cal (aka Oro Cal)
- Pro-Pac Labs / Lew A. Wheelwright / Kim L. Wheelwright (10/26/89): Green Essence Plus, Ultra Food tablets, Energy Cycle tablets
- Vita Food Products, Inc. / Steven Rubin (11/21/89): Herring Party Snacks
- Whitney Industries dba Nutri-Action/Nutri-Health / Kinichi Torii (12/1/89): "Sweet Away, Oyster Extract, Renew-F, Herbal Cleanse, Organic Gernanium, ORA-K Plus
- World Image Network, Inc. / Glenn M. Tanner (10/25/89): Green Essence, Green Essence Plus, Ultra Food tablets, Energy Cycle tablets, Nutri Green
This page was revised on December 2, 2014.